I agree that the short battery life in annoying. Most ...
by Rocksteady74 (2020-09-18 12:40:24)

In reply to: No, but I have the 5 from last year and love it.  posted by kellykapowski

... of the competitors for athletic uses, including Garmin, Suunto and Coros have done a much better job on that front.

It really is annoying. I like to use it to track my sleep,
by kellykapowski  (2020-09-18 12:43:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but when I do that and charge the watch during the day, I end up forgetting to put it back on. I have running friends who wear both an Apple Watch and a Garmin, which I think is just weird. If the Apple Watch were to be upgraded to include the Garmin running watch features coupled with an increased battery life, I would turn my 5 in for a credit and then buy the new one. Until then, as long as my watch remains in good condition without any kid accidents, I'm not upgrading.

What sleep app do you use? I have added three so ...
by Rocksteady74  (2020-09-18 21:22:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... far and have found them lacking. I deleted the first two and I'm going to give the third one or two more nights to try to convince me to keep it.

Just the standard one. I’ve tried a few of the downloadable
by kellykapowski  (2020-09-19 11:13:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apps and thought they were silly. I read that they are planning to update their sleep app with more functions in a TBD watch OS update though.