Auto Insurance Dilemma
by Paddy O'Furniture (2020-09-18 16:25:20)

I recently sold my car and moved out of California.
I am awaiting a Telex visa for Indonesia and will live between Bali & Singapore.

In the meantime, I am homeschooling my Niece's three children in Michigan.

I was going to drive for GrubHub in the evenings and they asked for Insurance Documents and because I had sold my motorcycle and my car, I cancelled insurance because I figured it was no longer necessary.

With Grub Hub, all licensed drivers are covered on all her vehicles, so I figured I was covered.
I'm now told by by Grub Hub, that I must have a policy in my name.

My searches have led me all over the board so I figured someone may be in the industry and have an inexpensive cure. I don't think it makes sense to take out a full policy to drive 2-3 hours a night, a few nights per week.

Thanks in advance for any solutions.

Stripper poles are not an option.

Michigan Motor Vehicle Insurance
by ColdwaterIrish  (2020-09-18 19:13:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As a permissive use driver of your sister's Michigan registered and insured vehicle, you will be covered for both liability and no-fault insurance benefits under the policy that insures her vehicle.

It is unclear what Grub Hub is insuring with regards to you driving your sister's vehicle. Perhaps, supplemental liability insurance coverage.

You may be speaking with a person at Grub Hub who is unfamiliar with specifics of Michigan motor vehicle insurance.

To be sure, speak to your sister's local insurance agent or a personal injury attorney. I am a Michigan lawyer but my remarks should not be regarded as legal advice since we do not have an attorney client relationship.

California to Michigan is a long drive. *
by ndtnguy  (2020-09-18 17:12:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post