My phone use is similar to yours, but I still find a ...
by Rocksteady74 (2020-09-19 10:08:33)

In reply to: I will never have one  posted by ACross

... smart watch to be a very useful accessory. That doesn't mean it would be for you.

I need a GPS watch so I can run different routes and know how far I've gone (it is not necessary for cycling because I have a bike computer). It also tracks an incredible number of other sports/fitness activities. It has various health monitoring capabilities that, at least at my age, are useful such as taking heart rate readings numerous times during the day.

It calls an SOS number if I fall. I'm not at an age when that should be an issue, but with one balance nerve destroyed I sometimes go down when I run (happens a few times a year). I've never been too hurt to get up and resume running, but if I were it is nice to have the alert go out and my wife be able to use her iPhone to find out what patch of turf I'm lying on. I also can call from my phone if I need to.

I actually haven't used it to look at or send email, but I do use it to review incoming texts so I can decide whether to pick up the phone and deal with the matter. That saves time.

The bottom line is that it makes my life more 'protected' and more efficient. At your stage of life there may not be a lot of value to that.