Great to hear
by Irishlawyer (2020-11-24 12:53:34)

In reply to: Our school has gotten lucky, and made some of its own.  posted by Bruno95

Yesterday, our 5 day a week Catholic middle school announced that they are continuing on with their in person learning. They had considered a pause because of Thanksgiving. We've been lucky. We've had some cases. We also have had no in-school spread.

Your list of reasons for success is spot on. Parental buy-in is the most important. Follow the rules and this can be done.

I also agree - in person school is a blessing and I firmly believe that the kids going in person will have a huge life-advantage over the kids who have been full remote. I feel very bad for those kids.

Same here.
by CMillar  (2020-11-24 13:16:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My daughter complains constantly that she'd prefer remote learning (and, honestly, she's somewhat unique that she'd do just as well in a remote environment) but it's definitely been a blessing, especially for my son.

And while his biggest complaint is that they can't play football at recess, I consider it all a big net win.

Believe it or not
by irishlawyer  (2020-11-24 22:30:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

because they are with their cohort, my daughter is allowed to play football and does. In fact, since she's in the "advance math" (ahem) cohort, the boys are less than athletic and there is much consternation among them in regard to the daily beating the girls hand to them.