How many degrees of the "F" word are there when discussing
by rgvirish (2021-04-15 10:43:47)

how much trouble a person is in?

I just read a headline today where they feel a politician went from "fucked" to "royally fucked" due to new information coming out.

This that the highest degree of "fucked"? And are there other degrees?

Le F*ck is the polite version. *
by bactien  (2021-04-15 21:23:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A lesson from Professor Carlin
by maniactranspodriver  (2021-04-15 17:56:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For a truly definitive reply, I would have to ask my ...
by Barney68  (2021-04-15 12:41:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

older boy. He is, without a doubt, the national champion at using the word as he can speak entire paragraphs without using any other.

I once worked with a Swiss guy
by mr_neutron  (2021-04-15 12:40:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who used “doublefucked” and “triplefucked” to describe degrees of fuckedness. Those who created the situation were generally described as “fuckers” but were sometimes elevated to the status of “masterfuckers”. I learned a lot from this guy.

That's a Hell of a word
by captaineclectic  (2021-04-15 19:48:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"masterfucker"

I'm dying.

The definitive guide. VERY VERY NSFW.
by IAND75  (2021-04-15 12:00:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also shows its diversity
by Radi-skull  (2021-04-16 00:20:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

An all time favorite.
by BottleofRed  (2021-04-15 15:19:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's amazing how many different things you can communicate with just one word.

Depends on the mechanics of use...
by Kbyrnes  (2021-04-15 11:56:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...so to speak.

It's more about an exaggerated slurring of the vowel
by Fletch  (2021-04-15 11:44:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As in, "Dude, I'm fuuuuuuuuuhhhhhcked."

A similar rule applies to shit. As in, "sheeeeeeeeiiittt, I'm fuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhcked."

Hardly. "Royally" isn't even worse than "sideways"
by captaineclectic  (2021-04-15 11:21:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

much less "with a chainsaw"

Three ways to Sunday would like a word *
by doolinbanjos  (2021-04-15 11:48:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've always liked " - me running"
by Hscorpio  (2021-04-15 13:32:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Heard it for the first time about a decade ago from a guy originally from Ohio. I think it must be regional thing, because I haven't come across it much since.

and you can stack them sideways, royally, with a chainsaw *
by fontoknow  (2021-04-15 11:23:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sandpaper condom, too. *
by Shifty  (2021-04-15 11:58:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

f'ed with adverbs
by fontoknow  (2021-04-15 11:20:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is simply fucked less fucked than fucked?

what's the right superlative to use when describe the most fucked? And then we have to capture sentiment ... is it fucked in a good way, or fucked in a bad way?

Royally fucked might be a good thing if you hang out with royalty.

I reckon potatohouse has authored a treatise on this subject *
by baloo88  (2021-04-15 11:02:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Effin' Effed *
by bigjinx74  (2021-04-15 10:45:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Effed in the A *
by tar  (2021-04-15 10:50:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post