Bad news for potatohouse, pmcdnd96 and fellow rummies.
by voidoid (2021-04-15 11:52:51)

Apparently 2021 is the Summer of the Cosmopolitan. I'm not down with that shit.

Man
by TerramarIrish  (2021-04-15 21:32:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fuck a whole bunch of that noise.

I have a strawberry patch that is positively FIRING (already), two fifths of Wray & Nephew locked and loaded, and have fielded inquiries from two separate households as to when I plan to start making more rum punch.

Rumspringa is nigh.

Nobody I hang out with gives a shit about some cosmos.

Hey you! Hey rummie! Come here!
by veets  (2021-04-15 16:24:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

https://yarn.co/yarn-clip/d2ade821-9a59-4840-b431-6da35c0d1d7d

When is the summer of Transfusions? very dangerous cocktail *
by NDFlyer  (2021-04-15 14:19:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm on the Paper Plane kick
by ksqdomer  (2021-04-15 15:57:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BIB bourbon only.

It's the summer of transfusions for me.
by LondonDomer  (2021-04-15 14:22:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just discovered them at a golf course this past Fall. I plan on riding that train this summer for certain. Choo choo.

Cosmo people are gonna Cosmo.
by potatohouse  (2021-04-15 14:04:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But let no man or woman or hipster alcohol guide deter us from the true path. Summer of Rum Twenty-One will be glorious. It will do the unthinkable and be the sequel that exceeds the original even when the original may have half-saved a pandemic.

We're non-overlapping circles in the Venn diagram
by TerramarIrish  (2021-04-15 21:37:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We rum people don't fuck with Cosmo people. And I'm ok with that.

More damn rum, gin and Bourbon for me then!
by matty96  (2021-04-15 13:32:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That said, a well-made Cosmopolitan is not a bad cocktail. While it wouldn't make my ordering list normally, Dante is a world-class cocktail bar so I'd probably give their riffs on it a whirl.

Check your testosterone. You're down a quart. *
by PWK2  (2021-04-15 15:40:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To the contrary, I am oozing machismo
by Matty96  (2021-04-15 18:31:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If that comes to fruition, there is a silver lining:
by pmcdnd96  (2021-04-15 12:27:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More rum for us!

That article did raise a question for me: what is it with vodka drinks (or vodka drinkers?) that people want to re-use the name of the drink for 67 different recipes? The article referenced an endless stream of cosmopolitans. And consider the state of martinis - first, a real martini uses gin, so the term "vodka martini" is already wrong. But then they add all of these different syrups and crap, and people still call them martinis. The name of the drink becomes meaningless if you have to list every single ingredient for the bartender to make it.

Finally, before somebody else posts it:

Why wait till summer, when you can start rumspringa now!
by akaRonMexico  (2021-04-15 12:09:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I will not be serving Cosmo's by the pool this summer no matter what the asshats in NY are doing.

You do realize how much booze is in a Cosmo, right? *
by GoldCoastIrish  (2021-04-15 21:41:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes I was a bartender.
by akaRonMexico  (2021-04-15 22:09:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s a strong, annoying chick drink

Rumspringa.
by potatohouse  (2021-04-15 14:05:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You filthy genius. I've been awkwardly saying Spring of Rum to myself for a few weeks. Now I am ashamed.

Awwww, c'mon!!!
by jddomer  (2021-04-15 13:52:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I like a good Cosmo every now and again!

Sorry Pool Drink Menus are already printed and laminated. * *
by akaRonMexico  (2021-04-15 14:16:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have to admit...
by Porpoiseboy  (2021-04-15 12:07:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's REALLY easy not to order a Cosmo. My 50 year streak is intact.

It's a classier Seabreeze. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2021-04-15 12:42:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post