I have the exact same question
by sprack (2021-04-15 13:09:00)

In reply to: So what's it going to take to make masks go the way of...  posted by 105Marquette

Also the return of handshaking and the shitcanning of the damn elbow bumps.

There is a contingent of people who say they're never taking off their masks in public again. I guess they're opposite of the Covid deniers, they're the Covid vaccine effectiveness deniers, or something.

I'm hoping it fades away whenever there's the general consensus from the pros that there's herd immunity.

Can we get rid of both?
by Tubes  (2021-04-15 14:52:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This past year has made me realize how ridiculous hand shakes are.

If anything, it’s the opposite for me.
by revressbo  (2021-04-15 17:42:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If I’ve met somebody new, it’s been pretty awkward without the handshake to be honest. I do this weird wave/smile (that they can’t see)/head nod thing that makes me feel pretty uncomfortable, and them probably even more so.

I might keep it when I am under the weather.
by ewillND  (2021-04-15 14:16:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But not sick enough that I need to stay home in bed.

The elbow bumps are the worst thing ever...if someone sticks
by ndgenius  (2021-04-15 13:20:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

their elbow at me, I fist bump or grab it...they've already initiated one of the most awkward things so I try to top it. I'm back to shaking hands or doing the fist bump...I kind of like the fist bump because it's really quick and you can greet a group quickly.

I'll never stop giving dap. *
by ArasEra  (2021-04-15 14:27:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've been doing the fist bump for years. It really f**ks...
by Giggity_Giggity  (2021-04-15 14:23:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...with the Europeans.

I shake hands now.
by Bruno95  (2021-04-15 13:15:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As do most people I encounter. It’s an adult greeting. Adults also should know not to put their hands in their mouths or on their faces.

Shaking hands is disgusting
by DukeSinatra  (2021-04-15 13:57:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why would I want to touch another human being as a form of greeting? Bruno, if we ever touch each other, I want it only to be in the act of making love. Or a fight.