If we get to herd immunity, cases will nosedive, right? *
by ndroman21 (2021-04-15 13:10:39)

In reply to: So what's it going to take to make masks go the way of...  posted by 105Marquette

This user did not provide content for this post

That's the thing: It seems to me merely trumpeting...
by 105Marquette  (2021-04-15 13:29:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...good statistics like vax rates and the 0.008% isn't enough to overcome the inertia of masks, distancing, hybrid schools, etc. We need someone (probably a blue state governor) to say "When we get to X% of our residents vaccinated, everything's back to normal. I'll encourage stores and businesses to cease masking requirements at that point."

KY is doing something like this
by civil_engr05  (2021-04-15 15:45:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beshear has announced that once 2.5 million people are vaccinated, he's going to greatly reduce the restrictions.

This is already happening for other restrictions....
by ndroman21  (2021-04-15 13:41:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...though I don't know about the mask requirements.

Pritzker has already released the requirements to entire a "Bridge" Phase and a fully re-opened phase.

They are 70% of adults over 65 fully vaccinated for the "Bridge" and 50% of all adults for full reopening, plus stable infection metrics re: cases and hospitalizations.

The caveat is that it can't just be based on vaccination rates. We need to see the effects of vaccination on cases, which SHOULD naturally follow, barring any issues with variants or mutations.

I honestly feel like Whitmer will do it here...she needs to
by ndgenius  (2021-04-15 13:40:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

start doing things other than covid for her re-election. Her approval rate has been decent despite the shutdowns but she's kept us locked up WAY too long and now we're spiking instead of the gradual rises like our neighbor states. Politicians operate on the election calendar...she ran on fixing the roads and now with all the federal money coming in, she can probably get a chunk of that done. Despite all of the signs that say "Our Governors An Idiot" she's not, she's a savvy politician and she'll suddenly start working with the MI GOP and many of them ARE idiots so maybe she'll fool them.

Off track: Why does MI have such a high infection rate?
by ndlp  (2021-04-16 12:37:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just asking because I don't know the answers.