The issues are linked
by NavyJoe (2021-04-15 16:21:20)

In reply to: Mostly agree. We're getting closer each day.  posted by ndroman21

School districts and the local governments that regulate business are going to be influenced by what the CDC says.

CDC issues guidance on multiple issues concurrently.
by ndroman21  (2021-04-15 16:24:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't see how a recommendation to continue wearing masks becomes a recommendation to shut down schools or businesses.

They've issued guidance on those issues separately.

As a Californian, I'd like to know that too. Yet here...
by NavyJoe  (2021-04-15 16:28:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...we are, with the school districts planning for Hybrid Learning next year.

Isn't that a California problem,
by FaytlND  (2021-04-15 18:27:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(or more specifically, a local school district issue) and not a CDC/Fauci issue?

Yes *
by NavyJoe  (2021-04-15 18:34:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are they planning for ONLY hybrid learning?
by ndroman21  (2021-04-15 16:32:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or are ther preparing for the possibility of hybrid learning because there's the possibility that herd immunity will not happen by fall?

Or that there are still parents who will not be comfortable sending their unvaccinated children to school, and those kids need to get some sort of education as well?

My kids' district here in IL went back full last week (3 days after I contracted COVID, unfortunately, so my kids are still in isolation after I passed it to them), but there are still kids that are full remote, and there are still accommodations being made for kids', like mine, that are in quarantine or isolation.

Next week can't come soon enough.