I've seen an odd mix of requirements for rec sports and work
by ravenium (2021-04-15 16:29:11)

In reply to: Help me make sense of this  posted by ndzippy

Work is pitching to open back up but requires 100% vaccination (I didn't see masking requirements or not). They're requiring 2x weekly testing, paid for by them (hey, their dime). Strict, but I think it's workable. The testing is to continue to monitor spread and track/trace, and worst case it's 0 cases.

Our rec league is outdoor beer league (without the beer now, boo) softball. Requires:

-masks at all times (outdoors, but fine I guess - use that sporty sports mask I bought a while back)
-cannot sit on stadium seats, bring own seating (huh?)
-bring and use own balls (huh?)

Do you guys usually play with other guys' balls?? *
by 88_92WSND  (2021-04-15 22:17:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thats brutal on sports
by elcortez01  (2021-04-15 16:56:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We played hockey all year, no masks. We were supposed to distance on the bench but that lasted maybe a few games. No restrictions on upcoming beer league softball.

Rec sports are still operating off last summer's guidance
by Otter  (2021-04-15 16:33:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Same issues here. It's the "touch" protection that is killing me. Nobody can sit on the bleachers, even socially distanced. During basketball season, the coaches had to hand wipe the chairs the players and coaches used with clorox wipes.

For softball, each team uses their own ball.