Re: the increase in Covid and reinstated distancing/masks
by mocopdx (2021-08-02 11:23:45)

I thought we had all understood this would happen and agreed to just forge on? What am I missing here?

1. The Delta variant is incredibly contagious, but the chances of it being a serious case in a child or a vaccinated person are incredibly low.

2. 99% of people over 16 should have the vaccine now if they want it.

3. There is no sign that the 30% or so of anti vax Americans will be budging any time soon and doing what they need to do to help kill Covid.

4. Provided the last point is true, we either keep locking things down again or just let it burn through and hope we achieve herd immunity soon between the vaccines and the contagious strain among the unvaxed.

5. The non-whackos who are vaccinated are having to pay for the idiots who think vaccines are poison or some dumbass thing like that. (Yes I’m aware that some people want the vaccine and can’t get it, and I have sympathy for them, and also recognize that’s very rare)

What’s the endgame here, then, if that’s all true, with these restrictions coming back? And if I’m wrong here, please do tell me, I know many of you here know far more about this stuff than I do.

Replies: