So let's go through your 2nd paragraph
by Steelhop (2021-08-02 13:29:04)

In reply to: That’s how they got it, but that’s not the important part  posted by vermin05

--no matter how you get it, if you get it, your as infectious as a non vaxxed individual--

That hasn't been established. What has been established is that a rejected study comparing the viral loads in India showing comparable viral loads for those that have been vaccinated with vaccine that isn't available in the US (Sinovac?) is comparable to a nonvaccinated. Viral load while important doesn't establish the total story on infectiousness. Typically, viral load is used to monitor therapy/recovery and doesn't expressly provide infectiousness ability.

--Remember the whole my mask protects you thing? --

And? All that does is create the basis for several arguments
1) Why should I get vaccinated if I have to wear a mask if I am vaccinated. This gets to the off ramp from the original poster's question.
2) It creates the argument that every time a variant comes along we are going to mask up. Because if you look out in the internet there is talk of Gamma from South America. Sorry, but society isn't going to live like that even though you as an individual might.

--We need to protect the vulnerable (children, immunosuppressed people, not antivaxxers) from the disease

Children have not been an issue since the beginning and continue to not be an issue. As for immunosuppressed, we didn't think about it prior to 3/20 and we shouldn't now. Seems harsh but society is bigger than a very small segment. Sometimes you need to take your own precautions because I am generally not under a duty to protect you.

--When there is such a high amount of community spread their is a higher chance of a vaxxed person getting Covid (it’s 10x less but it’s not zero) that’s why the mask thing is in place.--

And, as I said before, this wasn't an issue in early July when events were conspiring in P-town and there wasn't a high amount of community spread so there wouldn't have been any such recommendations at that point anyway. Otherwise, your argument is we should always wear masks - regardless if there is no evidentiary support to masks actually working to do what you think masks do.

If you want to wear a mask, social distance and not generally partake in life, have at it. But, most people aren't going to agree to those position.

But, seriously, what is your off-ramp?

Replies: