Yep, and patience is wearing thin
by sprack (2021-08-02 13:37:40)
Edited on 2021-08-02 13:47:25

In reply to: Here's one way the vaccinated can look at it  posted by thecontrarian

I personally have absolutely had it with the anti-vax excuses, or the "gee, maybe I'll get around to it sometime, because I'm young and invincible" blah, blah, blah, and I'm certainly not alone.

It has got to become socially unacceptable not to be vaccinated, similar to the change in attitudes on smoking indoors. Because, when you think about it, it's practically the same thing.

I absolutely can't stand wearing masks, or talking to people wearing masks, but obviously it was a necessity. But now 8 months into the vaccinations and that anyone can walk in and get the shots, I'm supposed to put them on to protect people like this? People who don't want to protect others by just getting the damn shots?

It's absolute insanity and we need to stop indulging it. On CBS This Morning today there was a New York restauranteur who said in his restaurants, anyone 18 or older must show proof of vaccination or they don't get to eat inside. This same restauranteur banned smoking in his restaurants back in the 90's 10 years before NYC did, to protect his workers restaurants. He said his business didn't suffer then and he doesn't expect it to now, especially after having to close them for months last year.

May his tribe increase.