mRNA vaccines may be the key to this pandemic
by NDFanSince81 (2021-08-02 16:29:27)

With all the discussion on vaccines, etc., I thought this article discussing recent research results might inform the conversation. It's turning out the mRNA vaccines are proving effective in preventing infections ... not perfect, but definitely more effective than alternatives and can help break the cycle of transmission.

What power does the federal (or any) government have
by Irishlawyer  (2021-08-02 17:01:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to fast track a variant "update" or a third dose (as Pfizer has already suggested) and why has the federal government been reluctant to allow Pfizer to go ahead with the third dose? I presume red tape and trials?

3rd dose trials are just beginning in some areas.
by coalcracker  (2021-08-03 10:06:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

D31 participating and getting her booster on Thursday.

Beats me, but I'd want to be first in line for a booster. *
by NDFanSince81  (2021-08-02 17:08:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry, you'll have to settle for second in line behind me. *
by ArasEra  (2021-08-02 17:43:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post