No, it's not possible
by StetsonDan (2021-10-19 12:58:17)
Edited on 2021-10-19 12:59:18

In reply to: Is it not possible to treat those type of patients with  posted by RoccoGlobboSchoolForWomen

First, I haven't ignored the shortage. Here is my post discussing its impacts on nursing homes and hospitals from 3 weeks ago.

Second, I'm on the board of a local hospital. I know first hand how the nurses/doctors/other medical staffmembers' decisions to not get the shot affects the hospital and patients. The statewide numbers I've seen reported indicate that a large number of staff are getting the shot, even if reluctantly, now that they have to.

Third, how can you admit we're in a pandemic which has killed 0.2% of the nation's population (not those who've gotten COVID, but 0.2% of the nation's total population) and argue that healthcare workers should be allowed to go into a hospital and see patients even if they haven't done the simplest thing to avoid getting patients sick? Why as a patient should I have to worry that my provider could get me sick even if I'm not at significant risk? Why should an anti-vax nurse or doctor ever be able to treat a patient again? Should the hospital and clinics have special wings for the non-vaxxed staff to be able to look at only the non-immune compromised under the age of 50 who aren't in frequent contact with those at risk?

Replies: