Should i call my indurance company?
by Bluntschli (2022-01-24 13:24:16)

I was recently hit by another vehicle and immediately called my insurance company, because I thought that’s what you were supposed to do. I did not call the other party’s insurance company. I was under the impression that mine would simply act as a liaison in my interests to get the matter handled, while theirs would handle the actual bills. Instead my insurance company cut me a check, and I ended up paying the deductible on an accident where the police report showed I wasn’t at fault.

Now, someone has driven into the front of my building. Same insurance company, different policy, both commercial. I’m hesitant to contact my own insurance company because of what happened before, but I don’t have their insurance information yet which is already providing some friction with the clean up company. I don’t mind paying up front and being reimbursed (more credit card points). Is there anything else I should be thinking about? Im sure some would say that dealing with the other company would be more adversarial, but shouldn’t they be professional and just do their job? The only real concern here would be dealing with an auto policy on a commercial real estate claim, but this is not the only building anyone has ever driven a car into.

Replies: