Been very satisfied with Model X for 3 years now. Trying to
by eriendfan (2022-01-24 16:02:20)

In reply to: My wife needs a new car and is considering a Tesla Model Y  posted by memphissub

talk my wife into a Model Y to replace her third and final mini-van. Now that she is a grandmother, she is considering something smaller.

She is totally anti-Tesla and probably anti-EV. She is very concerned about charging and running out of charge even though we have taken long trips in the Model X. But she points out all the charging stops not realizing I would need to stop anyway to empty "my tank". And she will only be driving around town mostly and knows that each morning you wake up to a full battery and you never have to go get gas.

I am going to keep trying. I think the Model Y is a very close to perfect car and will be the standard of comparison for many years.

I am not a big hybrid fan unless you are always going to be under warranty. You get the complexity of both systems and it seems kind of dumb. My daughter was going to get a hybrid Toyota Sienna or Chrysler Pacifica and i talked her into just going for the gas Pacifica. The Toyota was only in hybrid and was much more expensive.