I've heard a handful of people who aren't putting their boat
by ndgenius (2022-05-24 17:15:00)

In reply to: Is there any end in sight for these insane gas prices?  posted by mocopdx

in the water this year. Don't want to tow it back and forth to a lake and put the hours on the motor at the cost of fuel. I wouldn't be surprised if my inlaws don't put theirs in this year...the gas combined with my father in law battling cancer may just keep it in storage for the season.

Kind of happy I sold mine in Feb
by NJND96  (2022-05-25 12:54:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Although gas prices had nothing to do with it.

Benefits to owning a sailboat. *
by GoldCoastIrish  (2022-05-24 19:26:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pleased that we sold ours last year
by knutesteen  (2022-05-24 19:23:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Prior to both high gas prices and the latest Texas drought and low lake levels. 🙌

My wife and I have decided that as long at the gas ....
by Rocksteady74  (2022-05-24 17:49:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... price remains high we will rarely use the boat. We'll probably cycle a lot. We also have kayaks, so we can get on the water without buying gas.