Binghamton/Johnson City area?
by Moff (2022-05-25 19:59:58)

In reply to: I think I went to high school with your wife’s cousin you  posted by namurtha

We see him now and then. We see his sister more often as she lives near us in NJ and is now a Superior Court judge.

Just saw your edit and that is him. My wife thanks you for
by Moff  (2022-05-25 20:07:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the condolences. Vince was a real fighter. Their father, Gus, passed away not long before him and he was one of the funniest guys I've ever met. Their mom is a saint.

C was in my class; L was a couple of years older. I didn’t
by namurtha (click here to email the poster)  (2022-05-25 21:06:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

know Vince as he was born when I was in 8th grade, but I understand he was quite a fighter with all his struggles.
Next time you speak with C, ask him about the all you can eat wings at the Ground Round.

Btw, I live/work in NJ. If you’re near Morristown, maybe we could meet up for a beer sometime.

Will do and I work in Parsippany so we
by Moff (click here to email the poster)  (2022-05-25 21:27:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

should definitely meet up. E-mail included. And thanks for inspiring me. Your post made me reach out to their other cousin who lives around here to let him know that, despite my prior hemming and hawing, I am going to join them in driving up to Johnson City for a Make Wish golf outing in June. Years ago, Vince got to meet Michael Jordan through M.A.W. and the family is staying active in it. Will get to golf (and drink) with two of Vinnie's other brothers. Good times.

Sounds good. I work in Parsippany, too. Just looked at the
by namurtha  (2022-05-25 21:50:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

M.A.W golf venue. I used to play there in the summer during college when it was the Old Homestead through an IBM connection.

I’ll shoot you an email tomorrow.

This is an example of why the BR is so special. *
by kellykapowski  (2022-05-26 10:50:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wholeheartedly agree… It is through this board that I was
by Namurtha  (2022-05-26 14:12:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

able to put my Dad(‘49) in contact with Fred Leahy. I will forever cherish watching my Dad sit on my couch as he spoke with Fred on the phone and reminisced about my Dad’s time at ND, his working in the football office for Coach Leahy, delivering flowers to Mrs. Leahy the day after Fred’s birth, and telling/confirming with Fred stories about his Dad, Mom, and siblings.

The board also enabled me to meet Coach Parseghian for the second time - nearly 40 years after meeting him as a kid for the first time at a CYO dinner at the Fountain’s Pavilion, in coincidentally, Johnson City, NY

Man, those are tough acts to follow! *
by Moff  (2022-05-26 14:33:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gotta be careful who you meet from here!
by URwhatUR  (2022-05-26 16:20:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They might turn out to become family or lifelong friends!