Any PXG people out there? Reviews?
by SEE (2022-08-07 19:11:27)
Edited on 2022-08-08 05:05:22

Cost/benefit?

no airport letters please. *
by 84david  (2022-08-08 11:39:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pros: I think their clubs and tech is pretty good.
by LondonDomer  (2022-08-08 10:28:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cons: I think the 0211's are nice looking but I hate the weights/screws all over the head on their other stuff. I find Bob Parsons and his whole "golf, but extreme" brand annoying. Those are both obviously very subjective.

But...everyone I know who has them loves them. With their lower prices, it's probably worth a look. Some of their stuff is still stupid expensive though -- like the Sugar Daddy wedges for $450 a piece -- nearly 3x the price of a Vokey SM9. GTFO.

I would be mildly interested in their irons. However, I would never build out a whole bag of PXG stuff. But, I wouldn't build a bag out of any one brand's equipment -- if you're getting fit, being pigeon-holed to only one brand doesn't make sense to me. In fact, I currently have five different brands in my bag (Taylormade driver, Callaway fairway woods, New Level Golf utility iron, Cobra irons, a Vokey and a Callaway wedge, and a Bettinardi putter).

My father's golf group went gaga over their price reductions
by Ty Webb  (2022-08-08 10:32:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My father has a group of 16 or so that play every weekend. When PXG was running their specials, guys were grabbing drivers, etc.

Most are actually disappointed with their choices.

If you look at some of the testing from places like Golf WRX, etc. PXGs seem to be no better or worse than the offerings from the big names like Callaway and Titleist and TaylorMade.

It was an odd move.
by LondonDomer  (2022-08-08 11:02:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For years, it seemed their model was built on a sort of exclusivity shaped by their pricing. "Yeah, our stuff is expensive but it's the best." Also, 'Merica.

Then they suddenly dropped their prices by a ton. So...what happened? Was it overpriced before? Did quality change? Certainly created some questions.

I have never seriously researched them because, like I said, I don't like their branding or club looks.

I believe the "Battle Ready Bat Attack" putter (eye roll) has gotten very good reviews from My Golf Spy.

It was odd
by Ty Webb  (2022-08-08 11:26:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They seemed to carve out a niche for your $150K initiation fee, country club types who would be willing to pay $5K for a set of exclusive clubs. I guess they realized that market wasn't as big as they had hoped?

I tried two of their drivers. Nothing special about either and weren't better than my current Callaway Mavrik.

Way more reasonably priced now.
by JJ97  (2022-08-08 06:42:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had the Gen 2 set and those were probably over priced. With their current promotions the Gen 4 full bag was the right value for me. I am pretty loyal at this point to their Irons and hybrids. I still prefer Callaway drivers for some reason.

I just made the change and got in on their full bag promo
by Vermin96  (2022-08-07 21:33:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like others mentioned the $50 fitting fee was worth every penny. The club fitter explained a lot of terminology I wasn't as familiar with. At the end of the day I went with their GEN4 clubs, hybrids and irons with a couple of Sugar Daddy wedges and a Battle Ready putter. $2.5k all in.

I've already seen consistently 10-15 yd gains on my irons and woods. When I do hit off center, I find the balls don't go as far right or left as they used to.

I find it was money well spent so far. The consistency alone has been noticeable in range sessions already. And yes, I was fitted on a Saturday, picked up the clubs at their store the following Friday, tested them out to make sure everything was good and was hitting the range with them a week from the fitting.

I would definitely ask your fitter for a session when the clubs come in, so you can get a few swings in with the clubs on their tracker. I was not charged for this session; spent about 30 mins taking a few swings with each club type. At the time I placed the order, I had them shipped to the store and he blocked out a 30-min time slot once the clubs got in.

Any club change that nets you 15 yard gains…
by carroll2005  (2022-08-08 08:45:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Simply means your old clubs were not properly fit, or possibly were ancient.

There is no magic technology out there

Oh they most definitely were old. They were at least
by Vermin96  (2022-08-08 11:29:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

20-25-year-old Ram clubs that I bought in Gainesville back in the late 90s or early oughts and they were definitely not fitted to me and my game. I'd never been fitted for clubs until this PXG experience, so it was all new to me. Same for using the Trackman/Shot Tracer technology...hadn't had that experience before.

I heard the sugar daddys are amazing. On the putters
by SEE  (2022-08-08 04:59:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've heard very little.

Same experience and result.
by sluredandstumbly  (2022-08-07 22:00:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was fitted in March and bought the same full bag promo. Also seeing a 10-15 yard increase in distance across the entire bag. I also think the hybrids are fantastic. The price is now competitive with other top-line manufacturers. Definitely worth a long look.

I’m an “it’s the Indian not the arrow” guy
by four pillars  (2022-08-07 20:49:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I have their driver, 3 wood and hybrid and the quality makes a difference.

Very good irons
by DawsonMayes871  (2022-08-07 20:33:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Price is way more reasonable now and they have zero supply chain issues versus the rest of the industry which is a bit of a disaster. I’m on Titleist’s amateur “staff” which gets me inside tracks to new clubs. I ordered a new set in January, didn’t get them until end of May. Ordered a 60 degree in April that just arrived yesterday. I won’t put any them into play until 2023. Doesn’t sound like PXG is having any of those sort of problems.

Reasonable cost for the quality. Easily customized
by nannywarth  (2022-08-07 19:57:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My son has used the irons for 4 months.

The $50 fitting was worth every penny. He was able to to work through several different heads and shafts. THe specific numbers from the launch monitor really helped.

He loves them, super consistent ball flight and results. He plays to a 3 or 4 HDCP.

10 days from order to receipt of the clubs.

Tx. Did he do he woods too? *
by SEE  (2022-08-07 20:30:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post