Could use some help from cat owners
by El Kabong (2022-08-08 08:12:25)

D25 told some friends she would adopt a young (1 year old or so) cat from them. They just got a puppy and the two weren't getting along. Personally, I was thinking there were other issues in there, but it's her circus. She has a lot of experience with cats from volunteering at PAWS for the last three years.

Cat arrived yesterday about 1pm in the care of D25's former roommate. They let her wander around the house a bit, where she was meowing rather loudly. They brought her down in the utility room to show her the litter, came upstairs without her for a moment to give her privacy after she ran behind the dryer, then went back downstairs to find she'd disappeared. No sign of her since and at least a preliminary search has turned up nothing. We left food and water (and litter) out last night figuring maybe she'd explore while we were asleep, but it doesn't look like she's touched them.

In retrospect, the utility room was a bad choice due to some (newly discovered by me) access into our crawl space and whatnot. Although it's not my cat, I am worried for the (not so) little girl ... I don't want her to be trapped or something. Is this a case of her still feeling us out and she'll come out when she's hungry, or should I be more actively looking?

Replies: