I liked 1899
by mocopdx (2022-11-28 20:59:12)

I vaguely remember the reviews earlier on here being mixed, at best. It wasn’t as good as Severance(my favorite new show in a long time), for recent trippy TV, but I thought it was fun and interesting. I haven’t watched Dark yet but I hear it’s the better show of the two.

Dark is phenomenal, but use the Netflix ep guide
by GoldCoastIrish  (2022-11-29 08:09:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It goes ep by ep to keep from spoiling anything, but it keeps you apprised of, well, where you are and who you've met.

One of the best shows I've seen in the last decade.

Great show but does require your complete attention.
by IrishSundevil  (2022-11-29 11:25:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who is that again? What time line are we in? Is that the father or son? Which German guy is that?

See my link below.
by GoldCoastIrish  (2022-11-29 18:10:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wish I'd had it from the start, but as long as you keep "Wann ist Mikel" in the back of your head, it's easy to follow.

Got it, thanks.
by mocopdx  (2022-11-29 10:24:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That makes sense, as I found myself googling episode explanations after just watching the first two last night. I wasn’t confused, per se, more curious. I really enjoyed it right off the bat and am excited to watch the rest.

Netflix guide linked. You're going to need it. (link)
by GoldCoastIrish  (2022-11-29 18:08:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ha! I was coming here to ask.
by mocopdx  (2022-11-29 18:37:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just assumed it was some supplement guide in the app interface. Just went to look for it and couldn’t find anything. Thanks.

I couldn't get past the 1st episode's GOT-esque approach
by enginerd194  (2022-11-29 07:04:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to filming with in the dark.

No argument there.
by mocopdx  (2022-11-29 10:25:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had to adjust my TV’s settings to watch it properly.

I can't believe nobody's made a sprack joke yet. *
by BeastOfBourbon  (2022-11-28 22:53:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I call 1899,
by cujays96  (2022-11-28 21:10:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“Stupid white people engaging in horror tropes”.

“Oh look a ghost ship! We should board it!”

The first mate is the smartest person on the boat. Like the kid in Poltergeist, “Daddy, drive away.”

Dark rules. I enjoyed it more with captions as opposed to dubbing. I find dubbing to be distracting.

Captions are so much better than dubbing, agreed. *
by mocopdx  (2022-11-28 22:12:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post