Why not just go with an 85" TV?
by Jimbo Irish (2022-11-29 10:04:51)

In reply to: I am buying a projector for my new basement. It will be  posted by Jeash

You can get a very solid set in the $2k range and I think the picture quality is better than what you'll get with a projector in that range.

This will be in the basement where are kids will be playing
by Jeash  (2022-11-29 12:52:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and i wanted something that they would be less likely to destroy.

Why not just give up your kids? *
by mocopdx  (2022-11-29 13:11:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is what I ended up doing
by JJ97  (2022-11-29 11:41:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was doing a home theater setup and torn between a projector and 85 inch. At the end of the day the 85 picture was just so good and much easier to setup.

I'll 3rd this
by ColoNDFan  (2022-11-29 11:57:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No bulb to overheat or replace, easier to run sound, no delays in voice/picture, and obviously much better viewing experience.