Corey Mee
by BIGGS (2017-02-27 19:06:50)

That is your next coach. Go back to the basics. Get a Murph disciple.

The baseball program has been in trouble since Mainieri left. It is an embarrassment now. The players are too coddled. Do you think Murph's teams in the late 80s had better players? Nope. They were just tough mother fuckers. He didn't start to sign real talent until the early 90s. I want someone in the HC position who can take the talent we have and extract the most from them. Clearly it isn't the current coach.

C Mee comes from the right coaching tree. If not him, then whom?

Man am I mad. Murph and then Maineiri put this program on the map. Now it is back to where it was before then arrived. But our field looks pristine! What a bunch of bullshit. I would rather have the games at the old Kline field. That was a blast. Random students would shuffle in for a couple innings and then go to class or an activity. Now, the field is out of sight and out of mind.

And yes, I know a lot of what I am saying. I have lived it at ND.

Dan Peltier in 1986 was the start of the talent upgrade
by btd  (2017-03-04 20:57:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Drafted in 3rd round junior year by the rangers.

And now you've thought more about the program than Jack.
by OITLinebacker  (2017-03-02 07:52:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probably more than Sawbuck has in his entire career. Program is now a joke that plays on a plastic carpet like where I'd have my 2 year old play while they are potty training. Results currently smell the same.

KLav18 is the man for the job!!!! *
by Slotts  (2017-03-01 15:40:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

O'Connor or Rooney to start....
by Sonofadomer  (2017-03-01 09:12:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

then I'd go after Casey Dunn @ Samford. Great fundamentals coach and solid recruiter.
He is the son of a Hall of Fame high school coach - his father, Sammy, would have had an opportunity to coach at Alabama had cancer not taken his life.

Tough hire. 2 winning seasons in 13 years
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-02-28 09:17:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And, maybe more importantly, 1 game over .500 in his MAC career, which is the essence of a balanced conference....no real advantages or disadvantages built in at any MAC school compared to the others.

I just don't see how that would project to anything other than "hope" for success at ND. He could be the answer, but I don't see how any AD could make that hire and feel confident about it, or inspire confidence in the selection.

Corey Mee is a good man
by rockne85  (2017-02-28 01:44:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He'd be an excellent candidate if a move is made. He'd instill mental and physical toughness and a culture of "all in" and accountable for success. I'd think he need to hire a stud pitching coach and great hitting coach - ideally the latter of who is just a charismatic dynamo on the recruiting trail that can help us win some of the ACC-cold weather vs ACC -warm weather recruiting battles that we have to win more of to build a sustainable talent bases of above average players across the board.

There are others our there who could fit this mode, but we just have to the commitment and conviction to go get a more sure thing. They are out there - - it just takes ONE.