21-37 ACC record last 2 yrs; finished behind BC both times
by ndgotrobbedin97 (2017-05-20 18:58:10)

I could list a bunch of other sickening statistics, including how awful they've been down the stretch of seasons, but why. The 2 I listed in the subject line would be enough for any competent AD to fire his coach. Any competent AD.

47-71 overall in the ACC; 3 last-place finishes in 4 years
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-05-20 22:13:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the Atlantic Division In Aoki's 7 seasons, ND has had a winning conference record only twice -- 14-13 in the Big East in 2012, and 17-13 in the ACC in 2015, the lone NCAA tournament team on Aoki's watch.

We are going nowhere. If Aoki is retained, it would be the equivalent of Swarbrick flipping his middle finger at the baseball program.

Wow! Aoki may be the worst Div 1 coach in country. *
by Cbo86  (2017-05-21 10:07:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I suspect he's the worst with a tenure of 7+ years
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-05-21 14:19:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That seems to be a running theme at ND.

Again, I blame Brey
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-05-21 15:53:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His recent success has emboldened Swarbrick to ignore the unwashed masses, as in his mind, you just have to be patient and build a program (see his 2016 pre-season football comments)....as if it's a cake that just needs more time to bake, with little or no other skill involved. Imagine 13 or 14 years of Aoki, and how glorious it could be.

I'm overjoyed to see our basketball program getting long
by cbo86  (2017-05-22 11:22:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

overdue attention. Our success in basketball is definitely all with Coach Brey. God bless him. I just love baseball too and it pains me to see ND baseball die on the vine from neglect. A real athletic director would know how to take advantage of ND's resources to build all the major athletic programs.

You've hit the nail on the head
by mrock90  (2017-05-22 12:12:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And it goes way beyond coaching...whatever you may think of Aoki

Too bad competency is not a job requirement for ND's AD. *
by Domerduck  (2017-05-20 19:10:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post