The season ends with a whimper, losing 10-3 to UL
by IrishMace (2017-05-25 22:51:15)

ND actually outhit UL in the game, 11-10, but they left 8 guys on base. Sounds about right. But fear not, I'm sure Swarbrick has everything all planned out... for his summer vacation.

I suspect Swarbrick's summer vacation already has begun
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-05-25 23:14:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I don't expect to hear much of anything about the baseball program until Aoki names the 2018 team captains this fall.

I'm going on record as saying he will fire Aoki
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-05-26 13:06:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've probably been the biggest complainer about him NOT firing him, but I see no way out for Jack now that doesn't just say "F you" to the whole baseball program.

I know I could look very foolish, but losing 5 in a row, including 3 to the previously worst team in the league is too much even for Jack. Right?

I'm going on record as not going on record
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-05-26 14:48:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oggie is right; it's a coin flip. Logically, any AD who is a sentient being would fire Aoki. But logic dictated that Aoki be fired after last year. And the next one of his hires Swarbrick fires will be his first. If I expect the worst, I can minimize my disappointment.

Agree. It would be giving the middle finger to the program..
by Lone Star Irish  (2017-05-26 14:11:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BB has had recent past success and doesn't deserve to be treated with disdain. And we should expect more than a "low hanging fruit" hire...unless Jack is too busy trying to drum up sales of football tickets no one wants...

Strangely, I feel the same, 97. This program is broken
by cbo86  (2017-05-26 13:47:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

right now and considering the minimal risk and cost there is of firing Aoki, I think he does it too. Hard to believe the core of this team was the one that played (and played well in ACC and NCAAs) in NCAAs 2 years ago. There is just no way they all regressed that much by their lonesome. Coaching has to have accountability here.

He can cement his status as worst AD at ND in my lifetime
by oggie  (2017-05-26 13:28:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by doing nothing.

Coin flip.