Watching Alexis Holloway pitch to ASU right now...
by 2Domer (2018-02-10 22:43:27)

Really good control. She throws to locations really well. Very good drop ball. Terrific change up. Not a power pitcher but very smart and great control. She did give up a two run dinger in the first inning on a high rise ball that the hitter took long. Meanwhile ND’s hitters are a tad late against the ASU pitcher. Too many strike outs. Just the second day outside for the Irish. They just need to adjust.

The softball team has regressed from last year.
by hibernianangst  (2018-02-10 23:55:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The team stll does not have championship pitching. ASU hit the ball hard.

Run ruled by ASU 1-9. Errors remind me of the baseball team. ASU pitcher matched her record for strikeouts and it was not a 7 inning game.

I cringe at what the better teams on the schedule can do to this team. It may get very ugly.

Gumpf has mailed in recruiting for years.

It's Gumpf - at least get the name right if you
by chicos bail bonds  (2018-02-11 08:05:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are going to criticize her.

Done. *
by hibernianangst  (2018-02-11 09:16:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for the updates. Pac 10 network has not arrived in
by 65domer  (2018-02-10 22:49:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the mid-west

Westars? *
by 65domer  (2018-02-10 22:50:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Westers...
by 2Domer  (2018-02-10 23:27:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ali Wester pinch ran again. The announcers made it sound like she is recovering from an injury, but they did not say what. Obviously she can run, so I don’t know what the issue is. They did say that she led the team in batting average last year. They made it sound like she is recovering from something. It looks to me like we could really use her in the outfield. I wonder if she has an arm problem?

Holloway hit a bit of a control issue in the fourth inning and ASU scored two more runs. So it’s 4-1 right now. Our sole run came on a solo HR by Brooks. Then Abby Sweet followed with a double off the wall, but we couldn’t score her. Our hitters are still a bit late against this pitcher. We need to adjust, and it looks to me like we can.

I’m still impressed with Holloway. She mixes speed and location really well, and she has a great low drop ball and a fantastic change up.

Thanks 2D *
by 65domer  (2018-02-10 23:40:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Irish lost 9-1...
by 2Domer  (2018-02-11 00:20:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We couldn’t quite catch up to their pitcher, but I don’t think we were far off. We need to adjust to pitching that’s a little faster. Holloway continued to miss the plate, and that hurt, but I wasn’t alarmed. She looked like a very good control pitcher who simply lost a little composure as a freshman pitching against a pretty darn good PAC 12 team in her second day outside. We had some errors late, but not really embarrassing. Just first game stuff. I do hope we can get Ali Wester back in the outfield.

I will have what you are drinking.
by hibernianangst  (2018-02-11 00:24:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This team is not good.

Hard to compete with warm weather teams. Michigan...
by thethinman  (2018-02-12 21:59:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is the only cold weather school that has been competitive with the elite teams from the South and Southwest.

Since 2001 several cold weather teams have appeared in
by hibernianangst  (2018-02-12 22:29:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the Women's College World Series.

The teams include Iowa, DePaul, Nebraska, Missouri, Oklahoma, Northwestern and Michigan.

Weather is an excuse. You get what you emphasize and deserve.

EDIT: 1982 (1st year NCAA sanctioned) to 2001 appearances include U Mass, Kent State, Toledo, Northern Illinois, Creighton, Central Michigan, Indiana, Western Michigan, Utah, Utah State, Princeton and Adelphi.

I'd rather have regular appearances in Oklahoma City *
by thethinman  (2018-02-14 22:01:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll take *any* appearances in Oklahoma City *
by MackerelSnappingAnarchist  (2018-02-16 16:36:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post