ND down 0-1 after 3, but batter that scored was
by Slotts (2018-02-18 12:56:55)

struck out on 2-2 count and ump gave him a call and then he got a hit on 3-2 count. Came around to score on a SAC fly.

Irish up 6-3,, going bot 8. *
by Slotts  (2018-02-18 14:48:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice! C'mon bullpen! *
by KevinPS  (2018-02-18 14:49:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

10-3 Grand Slam in the 9th *
by ndbass_2001  (2018-02-18 15:07:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Irish out hit, out pitch, out hustle LSU 11-3. *
by 2Domer  (2018-02-18 15:26:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m glad my rant after Friday motivated the boys. I’m sorry
by Cbo86  (2018-02-18 17:27:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But Aoki just drives me nuts. Any insights? I didn’t see Sat or Sun games.

We're undefeated since your rant. You can take credit. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-02-19 18:21:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just want to be clear I support ND players but despise the
by Cbo86  (2018-02-19 21:22:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BC refuse of a head coach. Proud of the boys rallying!

No insights...
by 2Domer  (2018-02-18 18:31:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wasn’t in a position to watch. I was mostly just following it on game tracker.

I agreed with your comments after Friday’s game. It was clear to me, even just following it on gametracker, that Tully was out of gas. And of course he would be, having gone 5 strong innings in the team’s first game of the year. Who wouldn’t be? So when they left him in after he had started the next inning by giving up a walk, a hit, and another walk to load the bases, and when they still didn’t pull him but instead allowed him to stay in there and give up the HR, I just about flipped as well. So I agreed with your comments about not having a feel for things. Losing that game killed me.

Then Saturday things seemed different. We were clobbering the ball and delivering in key situations, with guys in scoring position. We seemed aggressive and also strategic. Dumb luck? I couldn’t tell, but it just felt different. And then today we simply sounded like the better team. It was awesome. Better at the plate, on the mound, in the field, on the base pads, stealing bases, everything. It was kind of amazing. We were simply better. I don’t even know what to think.

Here’s something to brighten your day. There’s a LSU sports guy who apparently was at the game today who tweeted that one of the Irish relievers, freshman Joe Boyle, who was in only briefly, hit 99 mph on the radar gun. Man, if we can find that kind of pitching to go with today’s hitting, this might be a very different team.

One more thing...
by 2Domer  (2018-02-18 20:29:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was able to follow the audio broadcast of about the last half of the game. If I understood Chuck Freeby correctly, that grand slam home run by Gilgenbach put a hole in the scoreboard. I’m not kidding.

Thanks, 2D! Appreciate you understanding the context
by Cbo86  (2018-02-19 21:14:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of my dismay Fri.

I was watching on TV and the announcers said the same...
by Slotts  (2018-02-18 20:45:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I couldn't see any damage, but they really didn't show it either.

Scoreboard
by 65domer  (2018-02-18 22:15:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was a very quick glimpse but you could see that a small panel had been knocked out. I have never seen a ball park that would have kept that ball in play.

1) you can watch espn3 replay games 2&3 - that homer was
by dbcsmith  (2018-02-19 16:16:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

tagged on a line - still not sinking as it hit the scoreboard which appeared to be 30 feet beyond the fence. It hit on one of the posting panals and you could see what appeared to be 2 panals (maybe one squared foot each) fly off the scoreboard leaving a partial number showing. I knew it was a homer when it left the bat. It looked like Aaron Judge was at bat.

Gilgenbach's third homer of the weekend. *
by Slotts  (2018-02-18 15:17:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Outplayed LSU all weekend
by TerryD  (2018-02-18 15:51:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Six, ten and eleven runs.

Ten, Twelve and Eleven hits.

Let one get away, but ND sure looked the better team.

Go Irish. Being an ND fan in Baton Rouge has been fun since December (basketball win, football bowl win and two out of three baseball wins against LSU).

And here in New Orleans as well. *
by joeirish80  (2018-02-18 16:22:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And here in Lafayette too!! *
by lawschool96  (2018-02-19 09:27:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Too bad LSU doesn't have a hockey team *
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-02-18 15:58:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No, but they have a gator wrestling team. *
by Slotts  (2018-02-18 20:19:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post