Jack should fix baseball, women's lacrosse, & football
by Domerduck (2018-05-20 19:07:27)

In reply to: This reads like something Jack Swarbrick would say.  posted by hibernianangst

where his terrible hires are embarrassing the university by their perfomance or history of cheating and vacated wins. Gumpf clearly isn't McGraw but she was here before Jack and her teams do not embarrass ND. In fact there are 13 other ACC teams that would trade places with ND in softball. This year ND did even better than any Big 10 team in softball in the NCAA's and knocked out their regular season champion with the sport's winningest coach. They also did better than every other Big 12 team not named Oklahoma.

I truly doubt Jack would be able to hire someone better than Deanna given his track record. Maybe you are smart enough to do that. Also maybe you would have had a trigger finger getting rid of Mike Brey when in his first 14 years his teams were a bit of a disappointment until he used the ACC's competitiveness to help them get to the elite 8 two years in a row. Now we all love him which I always did. I don't apologize for respecting and supporting coaches like him and Deanna who win and bring honor to the university even if they haven't won it all (which only ND women;s basketball, fencing, and soccer have done since the 90's).

As for adding a women's hockey team, we don't need to drop softball to do that so why don't we just do it. If you think we should drop baseball I am OK with that, but I do like ND's women's softball team and think we should keep at it.