I agree Aoki and Halfpenny should be fired, but getting rid
by Domerduck (2018-05-24 00:16:44)

In reply to: What an embarrassing finish to another mediocre season  posted by soflalum

of Gumpf, one of two ACC coaches (other FSU) to make the NCAAs this year because we lost a home series to a 29-27 Duke who has been developing this team for three years and had 5 transfer and 5 redshirts makes no sense to me. Clearly some folks want her gone because despite making the NCAAs in every year she's been at ND, her teams have never made it to the super regionals, i.e sweet 16. ND played a very tough schedule and beat several NCAA tourney teams even though they lost bad to Kentucky on their field.

I do think Gumpf needs to keep winning and stay ahead of newcomers like Duke. She also needs to make a break through like Brey did late in his tenure with those two elite 8 runs and get past regionals. I am pulling for her and don't think she deserves to be fired. Unlike baseball, the ACC is not very strong in softball which is dominated by the PAC12 and SEC but ND like FSU are really their only true bright spots.

Replies: