1 question now: how worthless & arrogant is Jack?
by ndgotrobbedin97 (2018-05-24 09:40:21)
Edited on 2018-05-24 09:42:38

We are now 1 season short of a decade of Aoki, which has offered almost continuous failure. After 9 years (!!) the pitching staff is likely as bad as it has been since the early 1980's. If you can't develop any reliable pitching pipeline in 9 years, what is the argument for the next several?

In year 9 we witnessed freshmen playing key roles throughout the lineup and pitching staff....because that's just how weak the talent acquisition effort was in the first 8.

All this being said, I will bet a large sum of money---as I do every year----that the arrogance in the AD's office will not admit failure. There will be no admission that finishing 12th out of 14 teams with a .333 conference winning percentage in year 9 is failure. Instead, they will point to the sporadic wins over the better teams in the conference, and the LSU series as "proof" that the plan is working.

Of course, this won't be done publicly, because that would take a spine...and as far as I can tell, there is none to be found. By my count, we are now going on 4 years without a public comment on the baseball program from the AD. I know he has spoken to private donor groups, but nothing in the (lesser) public forum to my knowledge, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd actually love to read his comments.

Many people on this board would tell you that football is Jack's biggest failure at ND. Yet, at least the football program still has the attention of the outside world. I would argue that the complete (and almost final) decimation of a once proud baseball program is Jack's "finest" hour at ND.

He has failed this program in every way possible, at every turn possible. To allow a head coach in ANY sport at ND to compile a .500 record through almost a decade is a joke. Aoki now stands at 224-223-1 (thank god for that tie, huh?).

I have zero confidence in the AD to actually step up and do his job, admit a failed decision 9 years ago, and move on. Instead, we'll focus on the (few) positives, hope for the ACC to suddenly tail off as a baseball conference, and keep on keeping on.

i haven't wanted to comment on the season, as it does no good. There was no hope from early on. Same old, same old. Losing to sub-par out of conference foes, giving away games late, squandering any chance for an at-large bid to the NCAA, which is really the ONLY hope ND has.

The ONLY time that really matters at ND as it concerns the baseball program is the next 1-2 weeks now that the season is over. If Mik Aoki is still the coach at that point, there is ZERO reason for any of us to still care, and to still comment. This program is in a hapless, hopeless state. There is only one person that can correct that, but don't hold your breath.

Replies: