Is Mik Aoki fired yet? *
by TerryD (2018-05-24 16:22:55)

This user did not provide content for this post

Coldest seat in CBB
by cujaysfan  (2018-05-25 10:43:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But who will ND get that's better?

It's not 2002 anymore

Sigh. At one point Pat Casey of #1 OSU considered ND
by Queensman  (2018-05-26 18:41:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't remember what year that was. But I remember that it almost seemed like it was going to happen, but ND just couldn't pull him from his home state.

But to think that at one time, ND was definitely an attractive job and now we're an absolute joke. The kicker is that our athletic infrastructure is light years ahead of what it was when Murhpy and Manieri took the ND job. Teener league teams have better facilities than ND had when Murphy and Manieri made 40 win seasons routine.

Casey considered ND when Mainieri left. Knight wrote a
by KevinPS  (2018-05-28 13:21:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

$250K check to keep him at Oregon State. This came from a very reliable source a couple years after it happened. I asked why Knight cared about OSU baseball and was told, “Because they win big and they’re in Oregon.” Oh well.

The community also was big keeping Pat with a big personal
by Domerduck  (2018-05-29 01:47:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

campaign. He had just won his 1st NC when the ND job opened up. Since he is Catholic ( I still often see him at 7am mass Sundays) he really wanted to consider the position. Still he is also an Oregonian as he was at Linfield before OSU. He also knew he'sbe leaving a team that had a chance to win again the following year, which it did win it all. I know the Nike money helped but Phil has stepped up to keep other Nike coaches, not just those from Oregon. 250K after an NC is not that big of a leverage raise.

Pat would have been great for ND, but he does an incredible job at OSU. their games sell out all the time and the Beavers are the #1 in attendance in the PAC12.

Hijack: Isn't the solution to attendance selling beer?
by ndzippy  (2018-05-31 23:13:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The vast majority of college baseball teams don't sell beer at their stadiums.

I can't imagine going to a baseball game and NOT drinking at least one beer. For God's sake, it's not like the on-field action is gripping. Therefore, I don't go to college baseball games.

Isn't this something all Americans can/should get behind?

Absolutely anyone! *
by Domerduck  (2018-05-25 10:44:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mainieri had losses, too, Domerduck! *
by cujaysfan  (2018-05-25 12:57:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes--his worst season 38-24. Aoki's best season 37-23.
by Domerduck  (2018-05-25 19:09:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If we can replicate a Mainieri, we will be doing well but ANY change will be better than keeping Aoki. That is too painful to keep going.

This question should be asked every day until it happens *
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-05-25 09:57:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Alex, what is The End of Time? *
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2018-05-25 14:21:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's odd ... those pretty glasses don't look opaque. *
by CJC  (2018-05-25 09:59:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post