BTW...UK scored on UO (NCAA #1 pitching staff) like on ND
by Domerduck (2018-05-25 12:09:05)

Nine runs! At Oregon! Only their 2nd home loss there this year! Kleist who's most she had given up was 3 runs gave up 7!!! 8 runs on 3 HRs--2 by Cheek 1 by Martins. Same gals who hit HR's against ND and had 7 RBIs against us. Kleist was the PAC12 pitcher of the year and had faced the toughest schedule of any pitcher in the country. She faced not just the best of the Pac-12 but Florida State, Georgia, Oklahoma and Texas A&M and beat them all.

I listened to the whole game and the Eugene broadcasters were besides themselves never seeing the Ducks get throttled like this. Maybe ND's draw was a lot worse than we thought with a hot UK team on their field. They certainly were ready for the Ducks this year vs last. With the SEC getting all 13 of their teams in, UK was the 10th team in the SEC, 9 who made it to the supers.

The SEC has a chance to get 7 in the series since the PAC12 will get at least 1 as UCLA playing Arizona. It will be interesting how many get in given how much the SEC keeps investing in SB. They have gone from irrelevant to dominant in this sport in less than 10 years. The 1st SEC team to make a final was Florida in 2009 losing to Washington. The first to win was Bama in 2012 over Oklahoma. The PAC12 had no team in the final after 24 years of having at least one team. In fact in the first 30 years of the softball tournament the PAC12 had 40 teams in the final with 24 championships from 5 different teams. Since Bama's NC the PAC12 has been shutout of the finals the last 6 years whereas the SEC has made it every year (7x, 4 different teams) with 3 championships. The other 3 coming from Oklahoma.

The way UK took out the #1 seed Oregon yesterday may lead to another disappointing year for the PAC12, who have 4 of the top 8 seeds. Oregon has to win their next two over UK to get to the series. UW has Bama at home while ASU has South Carolina at home. We will see how the PAC12 fares as well as Oklahoma and Florida State who also have home games against SEC opponents. I am on the side of rooting for only two SEC teams getting to the series as I hate this SEC domination which certainly doesn't benefit ND.

Replies: