Since Savvy has effectively shut down the baseball program.
by hibernianangst (2018-06-30 21:26:21)

He should move baseball to club status and add Men's Volleyball to Divison I. Notre Dame can move the Men's Volleyball club team to Division I in the Midwest Intercollegiate Volleyball Association (MIVA). The Notre Dame Men's Volleyball club team is presently in the club division of the MIVA.

While he is making the baseball move Savvy can also shut down the softball program by moving it to club status and then move the club Women's Hockey team to Division I status.

The above Savvy moves takes away the weather disadvantage of baseball and softball and the obvious inability to hire competent coaching. It also allows the land currently used by the baseball and softball field to be redeveloped as an additional revenue source such as a Notre Dame Athletic Hall of Fame Museum which charges the normal Notre Dame exorbitant admission. The Museum can also host former players who can sell their autographs and pictures with Notre Dame skimming 15% off the top. Weather will have no effect on the operation of the Museum. The Notre Dame club baseball and softball teams can play their games at South Bend city parks weather permitting.

He announced Aoki's return on July 12th last year
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2018-07-03 11:50:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The very fact that he had to release a statement saying Aoki would return (in the middle of July....how odd) for 2018 tells you that Jack knows the ship has cargo holds filled with water, the life rafts are being deployed, and women and children are lining up on the sides. Yet, Aoki has once again s*** the proverbial bed, and Mrs. Doubtfire has once again s*** upon the program and its supporters by failing to act.

Aoki is now 224–223–1 overall at ND, 96–129 in conference play (3 years in the Big East, and 425–471–2 in his overall coaching career.

What in those absolutely abysmal numbers offers any hope to Mr. Swarbrick that his coach will eventually be the guy to take ND to the promised land?

Or, is it more likely the case that Mr. Swarbrick only cares about filling the spot with a warm body he doesn't pay much? Does he only care about his ACC brethren being satisfied with ND's participation in the sport?

I say it time and again, but this stands alone as Jack's biggest failure at ND....and to be clear, it's his failure to perform as well as a failure to find the humility to rectify his own mistake.

Remind me again why Savvy dumped Dave Schrage.
by hibernianangst  (2018-07-03 18:55:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Aoki makes Schrage look like Augie Garrido.

Savvy owes Dave Schrage a sincere apology but he is too damned narcissistic.

What a cluster@#^* Notre Dame baseball has become under Savvy.