I’ll echo this as a D1 player’s parent
by IrishNYCA (2019-02-07 11:01:02)

In reply to: Just went through to process.  posted by Cy49

Kid would’ve crawled to ND. National class infielder with dozens of offers. 50 schools on his list all in constant communication except ND.
I can’t speak to their geographic bias or lack thereof. But in our experience, ND baseball was the most poorly run recruiting outfit from crappy camps, to emails and phone calls, to on campus visits. Ultimately it was just too lame and son went elsewhere.

I believe Saban has done the same for UA football
by Irish2003  (2019-02-10 19:41:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't find the article off-hand, but he apparently revised the entire program on both sides of the spectrum from blowing away recruits to blowing away grizzled NFL scouts coming to junior/senior day combines. Alabama was in the doldrums between Stallings until Saban, has marginal regional recruiting advantages compared to Southern Cal, LSU, UGA, etc, but he has made them a machine, and I think ND could easily do the same across all sports with the right mindset