ND loses to Ball State 6-2; Aoki now 22-14 against MAC
by ndgotrobbedin97 (2019-03-02 16:33:08)

I'd say we found his level.

I was there - Drey Jameson BSU pitcher is a 1st rounder
by rhodyjack  (2019-03-02 16:42:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kid was throwing 94, 95 plus he had a wicked curveball. A number of pro scouts behind home plate and the word is he is a 1st or at worst 2nd rounder in the next MLB draft. He had 11 Ks in 5 innings. Mick left our starter in too long and he got tagged plus our first baseball Edward Scissorhands a soft liner into a drop and boot that led to another bad inning. Gilgenbach (sp?) did crush one about 390 for a hr against Jameson.

Hope he can hold up. Not second guessing pro scouts,
by Jaxdulac  (2019-03-02 21:12:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they're the experts, but 6-0 165 is pretty diminutive. He's only a sophomore, so he will put on some weight as he physically matures, but, still, a pro season is so much more physically demanding.

Good point - BSU had him on a pitch count so he was out
by rhodyjack  (2019-03-03 14:10:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by the beginning of the 6th. I was sitting in the 3rd row behind the plate and his pitches were all on target and with movement. Great fastball, slider and curve. He doesn't have much wasted motion in his windup or release - very compact.