Schrage: 0.533 (win %), Aoki: 0.512 (win %)
by ndgotrobbedin97 (2019-03-03 16:45:30)
Edited on 2019-03-03 16:46:31

Jack's excuse....ahem....argument has been that ND was not ready for the competition level of the ACC.

Well, that's convenient cover under which to hide, but let's examine 2 things:

1. The last 3 years Aoki has played mostly weak sauce competition pre-ACC, yet the overall schedules prior to the first ACC series have been: 6-5, 3-8, 7-8 and 4-7 this year. So, I guess they're not ready for the rigors of the ACC, nor the MAC or any other D1 conference.

2. Is the ACC a better conference than the Big East was at the end? Certainly. However, Aoki was a splendid 37-40 in 3 Big East seasons at ND before joining the ACC with a 7th, 8th and 7th place divisional finish those years in the BE. He has continued those bottom of division finishes in the ACC with the exception of 2015 and the 2nd place finish in the division.

There is not one positive thing you can point out to me about the trajectory of this program. Not one, outside of the Field Turf install. They can't pitch, they don't hit much, and their fundamentals mostly suck.

Honestly, this year looks like it's going to be a huge step back from that scintillating 24-30 mark in 2018. I'm not sure how much more I can take. They just waxed by ANOTHER MAC school.

Do your g** d*** job, Sally.