BB wins another series on the road!!!!! *
by GoIrish! (2019-03-17 16:25:14)

This user did not provide content for this post

Swarbrick is drafting Aoki's extension as we speak...
by supernd  (2019-03-17 22:10:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I kid I kid.

Aoki could be the worst game day manager I've ever
by cbo86  (2019-03-20 07:14:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

seen. Here's to the boys continuing to prosper despite him.

Ridiculously good play by Miller in 10th
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2019-03-17 16:29:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Should have had the double play. That's as good of a play (not just stabbing it, but popping up and starting the turn) as you'll see by ANY shortstop in the game.

Oh, and can I still complain about the hideous uniform combinations this program wears. Please? Can I?

Great to hear about some good D. Agree on the uniforms. *
by cbo86  (2019-03-18 06:43:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beating Clemson
by NDCWS  (2019-03-19 06:27:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Saw bits & pieces of each game. Starting with Sheehan's gem on Friday, to Boyle running it up there at 100 mph in the 9th, to Miller's "Ozzie Smithesque" play in the 10th on Sunday. Thought beating Clemson 2 out of 3 is as good as it gets! It's Clemson people...they have ruled the ACC for years! Granted gawdy uni's are what I would expect to see on Wednesday night at any local softball league. I will gladly tolerate the ugly pos uni's for how the team played this weekend! (And yes, I realize it was St. Patrick's Day and the boys were just trying to have "fun".)

This may be blasphemous, but the lose the gold helmets. They don't go with any uniform. I expect to see them on Saturday afternoon's in the fall. And if you are going to wear them, please make sure they have the same finish and don't have chipped paint on them. As previously stated though, win the weekend and the uni's are tolerable and might even grow on me.

What’s up with Boyle?
by 2Domer  (2019-03-19 18:45:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have wondered why he isn’t used more. Does he have a hard time finding the plate?

Yes, here is his stat line
by TerryD  (2019-03-20 14:42:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Boyle, Joe:

ERA W-L Inn. Hits Runs BB K
16.88 1-0 5.1 6 10 7 8

He has great stuff and looked good last weekend. He threw 95 mph.

Consistency and control are his issues.

Sounds like a young John Axford. Mainieri figured out
by cbo86  (2019-03-22 07:37:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

how to make him relatively productive.

The radar gun had him at 100 & 101 on a couple of pitches. *
by hibernianangst  (2019-03-20 21:17:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The helmets are simply metallic. Nothing to do w/ football
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2019-03-19 11:46:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If they even looked like the current (very shiny) football helmets it would be OK, but these are just metallic-gold monstrosities. They don't say what I think is intended....take the hockey or Lacrosse teams, for instance. Both of them have the same look as the football helmet, and they're fine. Baseball's attempt is hideous and embarrassing.

And, of course, the uniforms are just plain ridiculous. The all-blue would be (almost) OK except for the cheap attempt at showing how Irish ND can be with the designs.

Every team ND plays seems to be able to stay true to themselves with their uniform choices. ND seems to be trying to sell product in its bookstore.

Really nice start to ACC play!
by NDKevin  (2019-03-17 16:26:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Too bad the non-conference games count as well.