Another losing season for Jack & Mik, 10-1 BC
by ndgotrobbedin97 (2019-05-16 23:45:01)
Edited on 2019-05-16 23:45:43

Jack, you genius.

I think you'll be right , but you're premature to guarantee
by Domerduck  (2019-05-17 11:42:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a losing record for ND this year. If they win the last two against BC they'll be 25-26 before theACC tourney with a bad seed. If somehow they win their pool,they can still pull off a winning record.

But as you say not likely. Jack thinks he's smart (Gosh he went to Stanford), but his problem is he has no balls so will probably keep the coach again because they try hard and get good grades while our ex head baseball coaches win National championships at other schools.

ND is now 23-27. They'd have to win 4 ACC tourney games
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2019-05-17 13:56:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which, coincidentally means they'd have to win the ACC tournament. Oh, and that assumes they beat BC the next 2.....Ha.

You're right! It aint gonna happen. As for the record I
by Domerduck  (2019-05-17 14:38:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

used the NDNation link which had us at 23-25 before the 10-1 loss to BC. You're right that UND site schedule has us at 23-27 which I didn't check until after your new post. Don't know which one is right but I'll assume the official ND site is correct as you state.

Still I am technically correct they could still get a winning record by going 4-0 in the ACC tourney and winning the last two BC games. Then again if that unthinkable happened they'd still probably lose their 1st two NCAA regional games and end up .500 and not get a winning record...again!

Should be fixed now
by El Kabong  (2019-05-17 20:42:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had forgotten to enter the results of the Michigan State game.

Wait
by HTownND  (2019-05-17 11:53:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is that plural?

Only Mainieri has won a national championship at another school.

Schrage has made Butler a better program than us at this point.

Murphy didn't win a championship at ASU despite having some amazing teams and talent.

Mainieri's not done, plus we should have got Casey who won
by Domerduck  (2019-05-17 12:06:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

two more NCs since we first tried to get him in 2006. We'd miss him here in Corvallis but he was Catholic enough to at least consider ND. Given how he figured out how to win in a Northern School like Oregon State, I would think ND could have stayed strong in baseball,especially now we are in the ACC.

You are right about the accuracy of the plurality. I just hate how far we've fallen in ND baseball with Jack making it so much worse.

And Casey was coming until, believe it or not, Phil Knight w
by KevinPS  (2019-05-18 15:43:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

wrote him a large check to stay in Corvallis. I was shocked that Knight did such a thing as OSU is Oregon’s hated rival, but the source for this is as good as it gets outside of Knight or Casey.