4-0 in the 6th -- on ESPN2 now *
by ShermanOaksND (2019-05-18 23:40:39)

In reply to: Softball up 3-0 on Wisconsin after 4.  posted by SavageDragon

This user did not provide content for this post

We give up 5 in the bottom of the 7th-lose 5-4-so sad. *
by Domerduck  (2019-05-19 00:33:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pitcher was obviously gassed
by Cheg80  (2019-05-19 00:38:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure why she was still in there.

But the game should have been over long before the 7th. Irish left the bases loaded 3 times tonight, 7 or 8 times in the tournament and overall left something like 36 runners on base over the 3 tournament games.

She also gave up a 3 run homerin the 7th last night. She
by Domerduck  (2019-05-19 00:48:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

pitched well until the last inning. Gumpf should have taken her out for Holloway at least tonite. I could see it too. Yesterday she blew it after the error and threw a gopher ball. Tonite she was just truly gassed.

I also agree they wouldn't have threatened Ok and Wisconsin will lose to them again.

Geez
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-05-19 00:35:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh well, Oklahoma has yet to give up a single hit in this regional, so this probably just sped up the inevitable.

Lost 5-4 in walk off HR
by Joeyt28  (2019-05-19 00:33:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sad

This weekend is what the softball program is at ND
by Murcer68  (2019-05-19 10:16:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We were never getting past Oklahoma anyway, but overall we've made the NCAA Tournament every year for the past 21 years, and never advanced to the Supers once. I like Tidd a lot, and we have a few good position players, but we will never get to the next level without changes. I'm not smart enough to know what those changes are, but I know it's frustrating to watch, so I feel badly for the kids who have to go through this endless Groundhog Day loop.