After nine years; why did it take 17 days to make decision?
by Hometown fan (2019-06-10 08:15:57)

What happened in the 17 days to make the decision that was not known as soon as the ACC tournament ended? By waiting, you now have players scattered all over the country. Make the decision as soon as they get back from ACCT, meet with players to ensure them you have a plan etc...

It took Swarbrick one week longer in 2010
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-06-10 14:48:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND's 2010 season ended on May 22 -- same date as this year -- but the decision on Schrage was not announced until June 14. On the other hand, if one views it in the context of the overall NCAA calendar, there's only a three-day difference -- the Schrage firing was announced the Monday of the 2010 Super Regional weekend, while Aoki's was announced on Friday of that weekend this year. Still pretty late, in my opinion.

Here's what's even more ominous: Aoki's hiring in 2010 was not announced until July 13 -- 29 days after Schrage's ouster.

Remember that hirings are announced later than the making
by MPG  (2019-06-10 15:08:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of the decisions because ND is still committed to extra background checking in the wake of the O'Leary fiasco. From my observations, the lag is a week to ten days.

It nevertheless shows
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-06-10 16:51:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that despite the long delay in firing Schrage, ND had no replacement lined up when it belatedly pulled the trigger. And as is now clear for all to see, the replacement ended up being worse.

Maybe a couple reasons??
by NDoggie78  (2019-06-10 08:51:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Waiting for seasons to end for some potential candidates (got to remember, our season ended, but the good teams were still playing).
Also maybe they wanted to have potential candidate list vetted so the new hire could follow shortly after the firing (this assumes we have a competent AD and he has a list)
Lastly, when has ND ever done anything in a timely manner. I would hope they took the time to notify/consult/get feedback from the players in that 17 days.
And maybe that decision wasn't "known" - he didn't get fired after last year, I wasn't sure he was getting fired this year