Any thoughts on Terry Rooney as the next ND coach?
by MPG (2019-06-16 16:22:01)

He succeeded Brian O'Connor as ND pitching coach and followed Paul Manieri to LSU as pitching coach and recruiting coordinator. He had mixed results (261-209) as head coach at UCF, but did lead them to one top ten ranking. He is now the pitching coach at Houston. Trivia note: he recruited Justin Verlander to Old Dominion!

If you can name the locker room after Pat Murphy
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2019-06-16 23:39:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd ask why the guy can't be considered as the next coach. Yeah, I know. ASU, blah blah. But, throw enough money at ND and they'll name something for you. They're not THAT worried about the image.

Would a MLB bench coach with a contending team leave to
by MPG  (2019-06-17 10:22:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

return to college coaching with all the frustrations that entails? Pat Murphy has always loved ND, but I think the best that we can expect is for him to be consulted about potential candidates

I’m not sure ND has the stomach for what hiring a high level
by mrock90  (2019-06-18 07:58:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m guessing minimum $20 million investment in facilities, scholarship, etc. in addition to paying for coach and staff

I’m not sure ND has the stomach for what hiring a high level
by mrock90  (2019-06-17 15:44:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m guessing minimum $20 million investment in facilities, scholarship, etc. in addition to paying for coach and staff

If only a stadium expansion could add a classroom or two *
by ndzippy  (2019-06-17 16:23:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would people prefer Terry or Mike? *
by Hometown fan  (2019-06-16 18:45:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post