While I think we all agree the Eck needs to be improved....
by ndgotrobbedin97 (2019-06-18 12:25:51)
Edited on 2019-06-18 12:31:40

....does anyone really see ND spending money on this facility past what they've already done (locker rooms---though it's been several years, field turf). While I don't know the particulars, I'm sure some plan is in place for baseball/softball to utilize more indoor space with the new football building opening, so that has to be factored into the idea of "improvement" and how the school justifies its side of things.

The Eck is a functional, but incredibly sterile and lifeless facility. But, without some hope of payback I doubt that will change much, at least in the spectator areas. It could use some weather protection for fans, some sort of "concourse" or pavilion area for fans to gather, etc. but that would cost some serious money, and again, is there payback for this? Are you just dipping into the same pot as the SB Cubs at some point?

I doubt a lot of money will be spent, but it'd be helpful for the program to jazz the place up a bit. Bleacher sections over/behind the fences in left/right? Makes some sense in left with the walkway between the other stadiums, but not sure how much room you have for such an idea.

Another minor improvement could be a larger patio/concession area behind home plate and shared with the softball program utilizing the look of campus architecture to mute the late 80's, early 90's feel of the Eck. Nothing over-the-top, but just some enhanced amenities. ND knows how to build places to sell their wares. This should be able to happen.

Replies: