Two thoughts on this
by ndzippy (2019-06-18 12:44:17)
Edited on 2019-06-18 12:44:43

In reply to: While I think we all agree the Eck needs to be improved....  posted by ndgotrobbedin97

1. It's not hard to add "atmosphere" to a baseball stadium...just add beer and better food options. Add a Brews & Bites area that rotates between Evil Czech, Crooked Ewe, and Barehands. Add a rotating area for local restaurants (Rocco's, Macri's, Waka Dog, etc.). Do something...anything...to make it a nice experience for those in attendance.

2. You mentioned the South Bend Cubs; why not just use the Cubs' stadium when it's available? Duke uses Durham Bulls Athletic Park for its homes games whenever possible and it's awesome...it costs $5 to get in, most of the concessions stands are open (including the ones that sell beer), and you can sit in any open seat in the stadium. I took my daughter (she was 4) to watch ND play Duke last spring; we sat right behind the Irish dugout and could easily interact with the team--in a real baseball stadium with real amenities. That's the kind of experience I can get behind; I wouldn't have taken her if it had been played on Duke's campus. (And, let's face it, it's not like students attend the games, so a change in location shouldn't HURT attendance.)

Replies: