Congrats to Vandy--coaching and recruiting matter
by Cuchulain (2019-06-27 11:20:24)

but there's an arms race in college baseball and Vandy is winning that too.

Champions circle booster club
by mrock90  (2019-06-27 13:03:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That enables specific funding...ND does not have something like that and does not at all engage former players/ baseball alums in any way

Now's the time to change that with a new staff..
by Indy77  (2019-06-28 10:16:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

soon to be hired.

The team will need outside sources of funding to be competitive.

Michigan had a top 10 recruiting class two years ago . .
by other_guy  (2019-06-27 12:46:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

. . . and it showed. With their appearance in the CWS, they will be tough for "northern" schools to recruit against.

Like ND used to be
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-06-27 22:00:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe someone will poach Michigan’s coach — like what happened to ND.

Interesting article..
by TWO  (2019-06-27 11:48:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I never really even considered the Tech that is being used in MLB now days. I know that when I watch the Astros that the commentators always tell you about bat speed and stuff like that, I hadn't really considered how it affected pitching. Maybe that was what Trevor Bauer was complaining about when he wondered how when pitchers go to the Astros they seem to get better!

When it comes to player development, virtually all major league teams utilize Rapsodo tracking or similar devices, which measure the angle, spin and break of pitches. About half own Edgertronic cameras, which capture imperceptible differences in hand position and release points, according to officials with both companies.