Thanks for your insight. Most of my angst comes from poor
by cbo86 (2019-07-11 07:45:37)

In reply to: Don't need to imagine  posted by NDIrishBB

fundamental baseball. As a guy in his 50s who still plays, I realize that solid fundamentals especially defense and competent pitching can help any team compete with some of the best. That falls first on the coaching and then the players. Mainieri and Murphy created a strong fundamental baseball culture and the players (who I bet were on par with talent that Aoki had) executed. Great synergy developed and it can again.
I think a lot of the angst w/ the administration is with what I perceive is at best indifference towards the program. They are so silent and the coverage has dwindled so much that the optics just appear to me that they don't value the program. It just seems that they can promote or sell it a bit better than they do. Not having radio broadcast of baseball is just un-American. I'd be fine with them taking baby steps even with its non-revenue status. Frankly, living in South Bend area can get pretty depressing. Baseball always made my springs there more interesting. Can it be that difficult or prohibitively expensive to come up w/ some promotional things for the baseball program? Sell ACC baseball to the fans. Work with the local little leagues to start developing the next generation of baseball fans. As a start maybe they could get a few student interns to get together and brainstorm and work with the administration in this regard.