Just targeting Catholic School players in Tex and Cal
by OITLinebacker (2019-07-25 14:55:14)

In reply to: I'm not saying he should stay within 200 miles of campus  posted by ndzippy

and wouldn't Florida be *more* difficult than Texas and Cali given the florida schools plus the SEC hunting? California it's the Pac 12 true enough, but outside of that there isn't a major conference close to home there.

Texas and California shouldn't be written off lightly. Should Link be reviewing films on hundreds of potential recruits from Cali and Texas *over* watching midwest kids? Of course not. There should be schools, conferences, and kids in many states worth keeping an eye on.

I'm sure some smart data science types could take a look at general ND admissions over the last 10 years and look at the number of students that also came from powerhouse baseball high schools. That would be a good place to start looking to build relationships. After that, perhaps looking at the top high school programs regardless of state and looking at some top travel tournaments to get some idea of where the best fit players might come from.

I'm not writing off the local area, but expecting more than half of the recruits to come from within 500 miles of campus *and* have ND hope to make the CWS is wishful thinking at best. It means going up against big name teams and in state programs. It means selling ND with more disadvantages than any other coach at ND has to deal with.

It's going to mean striking out with fewer homers than 2018 Chris Davis. I figure that given the uphill task no stone should be left un-turned.