Staff's complete (link)
by SB Jimbo (2019-08-12 19:35:50)

A couple of thoughts...
by 2DOMER  (2019-08-13 21:51:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

New Coach Rich Wallace apparently attended Bishop Moore High School in Florida and was the Recruiting Coordinator at Creighton for a few years when Creighton was doing very well. So I am hoping that he will have an understanding of the “culture” at ND and may ‘buy in.” Chuck Ristano has been there, understands what the school is all about, and is married to a softball coach who played softball and was an All American at ND. So I feel pretty confident that he understands things and is fully invested. I am also hoping that new coaches and fresh enthusiasm may inspire his best as well. I also suspect that the new coaches may weigh in a bit on how pitchers are handled and brought along. I am intrigued by Scott Wingo. I see nothing in his background that would give him any feel whatsoever for ND. But he played on two national championship teams at South Carolina, was reportedly an over achiever while there, and was drafted by the Dodgers and spent several years playing professionally in that organization (minor league ball). I have a feeling that he may see ND as a special place and as a unique opportunity for himself, personally. And I suspect that he has a lot of pride and sets a high bar. He is also young and maybe the players will have an affinity for him. It is a fresh start for the team and a new shot of enthusiasm. I will be very interested to see what happens. I’d love to see a team that plays like Murphy’s teams did. Maybe they will get after it.

I understand Ristino has been there with Aoki
by Cy49  (2019-08-14 08:59:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and knows the school but he was also had issues in recruiting. I know firsthand of a few player who had to deal with him and ended up at ACC and SEC schools because of his arrogance.

I won’t bash the old staff any more than I have,
by IrishNYCA  (2019-08-15 09:15:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I’m the parent of one who finally walked away to play elsewhere. Those guys were the most arrogant of any of the 50+ staffs we interacted with

I hope Coach Jarrett is paying attention. *
by 2DOMER  (2019-08-15 10:09:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And let's hope the players go to him if it continues. *
by SB Jimbo  (2019-08-15 12:41:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And drop the hammer on any coach acting inappropriately.
by hibernianangst  (2019-08-16 09:34:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Early on he needs to make it very clear there is a new sheriff in town and substantiated inappropriate actions have severe consequences.

Was hoping for a complete new staff.
by Cy49  (2019-08-13 17:57:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ristino was kept on as pitching coach. Could it be he was retained because his wife is on the softball staff?

Finalizing the Coaching Staff
by NDCWS  (2019-08-14 06:37:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes. Others walked away b/c Ristano was being forced on them is the word I heard.

This is disappointing on so many levels. *
by hibernianangst  (2019-08-14 08:59:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Son of a...
by HTownND  (2019-08-15 12:52:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Typical

Good hires... both have roots in the South
by Sonofadomer  (2019-08-13 10:21:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wingo is a top notch guy and tireless worker.

My guess is we will heavily recruit Florida, Georgia and other Southern states.

Wingo
by NDCWS  (2019-08-14 06:45:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He came to ND with a rec from Ray Tanner no doubt. Ray is one of the most dedicated & knowledgeable baseball people I've ever met. On top of that, he is an even better person. If RT gives his endorsement, then everyone should be thrilled.