A couple of thoughts...
by 2DOMER (2019-08-13 21:51:47)
Edited on 2019-08-14 00:48:59

In reply to: Staff's complete (link)  posted by SB Jimbo

New Coach Rich Wallace apparently attended Bishop Moore High School in Florida and was the Recruiting Coordinator at Creighton for a few years when Creighton was doing very well. So I am hoping that he will have an understanding of the “culture” at ND and may ‘buy in.” Chuck Ristano has been there, understands what the school is all about, and is married to a softball coach who played softball and was an All American at ND. So I feel pretty confident that he understands things and is fully invested. I am also hoping that new coaches and fresh enthusiasm may inspire his best as well. I also suspect that the new coaches may weigh in a bit on how pitchers are handled and brought along. I am intrigued by Scott Wingo. I see nothing in his background that would give him any feel whatsoever for ND. But he played on two national championship teams at South Carolina, was reportedly an over achiever while there, and was drafted by the Dodgers and spent several years playing professionally in that organization (minor league ball). I have a feeling that he may see ND as a special place and as a unique opportunity for himself, personally. And I suspect that he has a lot of pride and sets a high bar. He is also young and maybe the players will have an affinity for him. It is a fresh start for the team and a new shot of enthusiasm. I will be very interested to see what happens. I’d love to see a team that plays like Murphy’s teams did. Maybe they will get after it.

Replies: