Less than 20 days to a new start for ND Baseball
by ndgotrobbedin97 (2020-01-27 12:01:11)

So, what are your thoughts on the season? Can a new coach energize (mostly) the same talent into 10 more wins than last season?

I don't have a ton of expectations
by HTownND  (2020-01-27 12:12:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from a W/L perspective.

But at a minimum, want to see vastly improved fundamentals from our team, and not the routine stupid shit we saw regularly under Aoki.

Yes this, better fundamentals, "cleaner" games.
by OITLinebacker  (2020-01-27 16:26:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just good baseball, doesn't have to be winning. You can play good, smart baseball and still lose every game.

this alone might be worth 5-7 more wins *
by NH74Domer  (2020-01-27 21:32:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Exactly. Sound baseball wins games
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2020-01-27 22:49:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you play "clean" baseball and don't win any games you have other issues, and no one is going to care one bit that you play clean baseball. You'll just find another way to get fired.

If they play sound, fundamental baseball (more) wins will come, especially if other teams are kicking it around, and have base running blunders, etc.

2020 Season Outlook
by NDCWS  (2020-01-28 06:46:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes more fundamentally sound baseball is expected. Given his past team's reputations as good hitting teams, I would expect a higher than .249 team batting average. I am probably the only one that thinks like this, but losing the all green "clown outfits" (otherwise know as uniforms) wouldn't hurt either. I want to watch baseball, not softball!

My son and I agree. Don't like the all green uniforms....
by Slotts  (2020-01-28 09:23:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

generally speaking, uniforms of all one color don't look good. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I can't think of any right now.

White and gray are the obvious exceptions
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2020-01-29 12:45:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I assume you didn't mean those in your post. I also like the old cream colored uni's of the 40's and 50's. Those are classic. And, God help me....I can even handle some powder blue monstrosities.

But, I too draw the line at the awful all-green uniforms Aoki had going the last couple years. Nothing said ND had fallen to lower-tier baseball status more than those. Combining them with the Earl Scheib inspired gold helmets made them all the more offensive and embarrassing.

Earl Scheib inspired gold helmets
by NDCWS  (2020-01-31 06:22:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brutal looking. Forgot to mention those in my "clown outfit" rant. Don't think they are going away anytime soon, but I wouldn't be sad if they did.

I did not mean white and gray. *
by Slotts  (2020-01-29 14:53:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Certainly not this one ...
by CJC  (2020-01-29 11:36:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or this one... (link)
by Slotts  (2020-01-29 11:54:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But both are better than this one...
by Slotts  (2020-01-29 11:57:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But, these guys could pitch...
by Slotts  (2020-01-29 12:00:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't even know those existed
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2020-01-29 12:41:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Tribe's blood clot inspired red uniforms were around only a short (but much beloved in retrospect) time, but I didn't even know the O's had those orange things. Were they only worn a few times?

I believe the orignal ones, modeled by the...
by Slotts  (2020-01-29 12:54:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

4 20 game winners were worn only 1 game. If I'm not mistaken, Brooks Robinson supplied them. The ones picture in CJC's picture were likewise worn only 1 time, in a 'throwback' game.